You can receive an email notification of each new post from the main page by entering your email address into the space above the “Follow” button on the left side of the page.
Graduating seniors will formally present their CAS projects for 10th and 11th graders and their families as well as the greater BSGE community throughout the building, answering questions about this engaging IB requirement. It is the perfect opportunity to spark ideas and enthusiasm for possible future CAS projects while having questions about the CAS requirement answered. All 10th and 11th graders are expected to attend along with a parent or guardian.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you there.
College Advisor/CAS Coordinator
- President or Co-Presidents (Mandatory Position)
- Vice President, or 1st, 2nd, or 3rd Vice President
- Recording Secretary or Co-Recording Secretaries (Mandatory Position)
- Treasurer or Co-Treasurers (Mandatory Position)
- Two SLT parent positions for a two-year term.
New Student Orientation is scheduled for June 11, 2018 as follows:
Incoming 7th Graders: 8:30-10:00am
Incoming 9th Graders: 2:00-3:30pm
Students and Parents are welcome!
- General Business
- General Introduction
- Approval of Minutes
- Treasurer’s Report
- SLT Update and Open Discussion
- Fundraising Committee Update
- Updates and Announcements
- Please complete the School Survey (Green Survey)!
- Important Upcoming Dates:
- Art Show: Wednesday, March 21
- Parent Teacher Conference: Thursday, March 22nd evening and Friday, March 23rd afternoon
- Spring Break: Friday, March 30th through Friday, April 6th – No School
- SLT Meeting: Tuesday, April 10th, 4:00 pm
- PTA Meeting: Tuesday, April 10th, 6:30 pm
- Parent Coordinator Update
- PTA Platform
- Advocating for a Gym/Auditorium and/or a New Building
- We want to get YOUR input on the future of BSGE, from the possibility of getting a gym/auditorium or even a new school building.
- Creating a LARGE committee to help us advocate with the DOE – We need YOU!
- Social Media Threats: Discussion of Communication with Parents and Good Social Media Practices
- Committee Work, including formation of Committee to Reach Out to Other IB Schools
The New York State Education Department has identified 155 schools as Reward Schools, with 12 in Queens — including the Baccalaureate School for Global Education. Reward Schools are awarded for their high academic achievement as well as those who progress the most in the State. Read more in the articles below:
Thank you to all those who attended the workshop from Elevate Education at our PTA meeting last night. Elevate Education is aimed at improving the time management skills (and note taking strategies) of our students and how we, as parents, can reinforce these study skills at home. For more information, please check out their website. Our thanks to the school for arranging this wonderful workshop!
Deck the Halls — BSGE’s First Ever Holiday Decoration Contest!!
(Wednesday, December 13th)
Teams of 4 to 6 students (teachers and staff, too!) were invited to decorate every classroom door of BSGE!
Individual awards were given out to most creative, most inclusive, D.I.Y. masters, and more… See our photo gallery!
The two BSGE Stingbots Robotics Teams participated in the early First Tech Challenge Qualifier, held at John Dewey High School, Saturday December 9th. The team is made up of approximately 20 students, primarily 7th and 9th graders. The Qualifier pitted the Stingbots against 28 other teams from all over the city, both Public and Independent Schools. Read more…